The Blade Cue is the brainchild of World Snooker coach and former professional Gary Filtness and Northern Ireland Cuemaker Martin Daly from Tyrone Cues.
The idea was to develop a cue that helps explains the following,
- The correct way to approach the table.
- Keep everything in line.
- Sighting the cue ball and object ball.
- Develop a smooth cue action that stays on line.
- To encourage a follow through on every shot.
- To show a player if they move or twist when the shot is complete.
- To explain when coaching the benefits of a straight cue action.
- To encourage and teach junior players.
- Simplify the mechanics of a good cue action.
- And the list is endless as the cue became a reality.